2023 Spring Quarter
Our 2023 Spring Quarter classes will begin March 5th and we would love to see you attend a Bible class. Here is a list of what we have to offer.
- Daniel and a World Apart - Taught by Skip Cole - College Age - in the Library.
This class is primarily designed to speak to our Young Adults of college age (and beyond) but is practical to all. Young people have always been challenged to have and hold to their own faith. This quarter we are going to look into the book of Daniel. If ever there were young people facing pressures from a worldview different from their own, it would have been Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah. We will look into the history and circumstances of their capture, relocation and the pressure placed on them to conform. Their calm and resolute responses may amaze you. Join us in learning from these examples who conquered their world.
- Miracles of Jesus Continued... - Taught by Kyle Whittenberg - in the East Fellowship Hall.
Last fall we began looking deeper at the miracles of Jesus and how they impact our understanding of God's rescue plan for us. We will continue this study and discussion this spring as we look at even more miracles and share and learn together how these events shape us today.
- God Showed His Grief, So Why Can't We? - Taught by Bill Henson - in the West Fellowship Hall.
We will attempt to answer some of our questions about grief, the different types of grief as well how to walk along side of a griever not as a teacher but as a friend. We will also look into the psychological, physical, spiritual, life changing events of grief. There will be some class participation so that you can get the full benefits of this class.
- Christians in the Workplace - Taught by Tony Ohlhausen and Nathan Brooks - Adult Classroom (above the Library).
As Christians, we are called to be devoted to Christ, but we spend most of our days at work, school, and other activities where we are influenced by the world. In this class, we will discuss biblical principles that serve as guides to our lives and discuss practical workplace issues that Christians face every day. You are invited to participate and share your experiences and wisdom with the class as we see how God gives us biblical context for many situations we face in our workplaces.
- Old Testament Discussion Class - Led by Zane Heard - Room 104.
Having completed the story of the prophet and judge, Samuel, we’re now well into the story of Israel’s first king, Saul. Was a king part of God’s plan? Where did Saul go wrong? And what’s different about God’s next choice, David? Join us as we learn how our God deals with his people and as we uncover lessons for us today.
- Family Life - Led by Chase Moss - Upstairs in the Family Life Room.
We will rotate several different teachers as we study through the book of 1 Peter.
- Christology - Taught by Curtis Burnett - Middle School - Upstairs in the Middle School Room.
We will be studying the life of Christ and all that it means for us.
- Christology - Taught by Addison Keele - High School - Upstairs in the High School Room.
We will be studying Christ and his complexity; how do we think about him and what does his life mean for us?
See you in Bible class!